County businesses with 50 or fewer employees can apply for a grant up to $10,000 to cover the purchase of a variety of supplies and technology that are suddenly necessary to keep business going safely in the midst of a pandemic. Qualifying purchases include:
- PPE for employees
- Protective shields/dividers
- Sanitation products and services such as:
- Disinfection UV lamps
- Biocide/mold bomb foggers
- Digital signage, floor/wall/window graphics, hand sanitizer stations
- Technology (hardware, software, website upgrades, applications, online platforms) for the purposes of:
- Wellness scans
- Virtual meetings
- Customer communications and marketing (does not include paid advertising)
- Delivery vehicles and equipment; If purchasing a delivery vehicle, funds can be used for a down-payment and wired directly to a dealership
- Services such as legal and human resources consultations to understand compliance regulations
- Workforce training to help employees understand and act on compliance regulations
The program can reimburse for past purchases made after March 29, 2020. Businesses will be required to submit invoices to demonstrate proof of purchases.
This grant program will be administered by Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation. They grant application is not yet ready but will be posted on their website soon. If you would like to be notified when the online application is open, email email@example.com. Find more details about the program on the AAEDC website.