Valerie McLaughlin, EA
Founder & CEO
Valerie Bennett McLaughlin is an Enrolled Agent admitted to practice before the Internal Revenue Service. She graduated from the University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting. After working for several years with a private firm, Valerie learned that no further advancement opportunities within the company were available for women. As a result, in 1980, she began her practice at the age of 24.
Valerie has much to show for her work as a tax consultant, including:
- Recognition as a Certified Business Profit Consultant
- Nomination for Businessperson of the Year
- Membership in National Society of Tax Problem Solvers
- Membership in Maryland Society of Accountants
- Membership in National Association of Enrolled Agents
She also has had the pleasure of serving on many outside committees, including:
- Treasurer, Greater Severna Park & Arnold Chamber of Commerce
- Bowie City Council
- City of Bowie Economic Development Committee
- Treasurer for YMCA Camp Letts in Annapolis
- Anne Arundel Community College Business Advisory Board.
In her free time, she enjoys motorcycling and lives with her husband, Clyde McLaughlin, in Severna Park, MD. If you want to trade stories about interesting road trips or just want to talk about accounting support, call 410-224-2600 or click to contact Valerie.