Valerie McLaughlin, EA
Founder & CEO
Valerie Bennett McLaughlin is an Enrolled Agent admitted to practice before the Internal Revenue Service. She graduated from the University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting. After working for several years with a private firm, Valerie was told that no further advancement opportunities within the company were available for women. As a result, in 1980 she began her practice at the age of 24.
Valerie has much to show for her work as a tax consultant, including:
- Certified Business Profit Consultant
- Nomination for Business Person of the Year
- Member of National Society of Tax Problem Solvers
- Member of Maryland Society of Accountants
- National Association of Enrolled Agents
She also has had the pleasure of serving on many outside committees including:
- Bowie City Council
- City of Bowie Economic Development Committee
- Treasurer for YMCA Camp Letts in Annapolis
- Anne Arundel Community College Business Advisory Board.
In her free time, she enjoys motorcycling and lives with her husband, Clyde McLaughlin, in Severna Park, MD.